Once a Detailer has treated your car with either the Wet-Gloss or HD Diamond Gloss Ceramic Coating, the applied layer will last at least 2 or 5-6 years.
Provided that you follow our 3 month periodical After Car Care Maintenance program, we will grant you the 3 or 5 years Warranty along with the terms and conditions in compliance.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
Compliant Vehicles –
Your vehicle may be either New & Used, but has to be within 5 years of age from the manufacturing date and be complete with a Clear Coated Paint Finish.
Type of Cover –
Schmicko warrant the vehicles exterior painted surface coated with ceramic coating under the existing Terms & Conditions from environmentally-caused pollutants such as; road tar, tree sap, bird droppings, bug contamination. Should the latter lead to damage, and providing that all of the terms and conditions have been compliant, Schmicko will rectify the damage based on the “Conditions of Liability”.
Period of Cover –
New & Used Vehicles are covered for the life of the Ceramic Coating (2 to 5 years depending on which has been applied) and that the Ceramic Coating Maintenance has been in to effect (every 3 months). (View: Ceramic Coating Maintenance Program). Failure to undertake the Ceramic Coating Maintenance Program within the required period of 3 months may void your warranty, if not rescheduled within 2 weeks of the assigned date. Once the 2 to 5 years has expired, dependent of the ceramic coating selected, the warranty will be terminated.
General Conditions –
1. Warranty cover is only valid if the customer has applied for Warranty Cover by completing the Warranty Application Form within 30 days of the application.
2. The vehicle must remain at all times registered for road use within Australia.
3. Only vehicles registered as Passenger Vehicles will be warranted. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered.
4. Vehicles over 30 days old must require a machine buff/polish to be performed by a Schmicko Detailer before the installment, newer vehicles may also require a machine buff if recommended by the Detailer.
5. In the occurrence of repair or damage to the painted surface, such as from a car accident, the vehicle must be re-treated with a ceramic coating to the damaged area at the owner’s expense within 45 days of the occurrence.
6. Warranty is only available to the name of the vehicle owner at the time of the installment and cannot be transferred over.
7. Original Application Receipt must be kept for proof of application.
8. Should a product reapplication be required (eg. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee.
9. The vehicle exterior paint work must be maintained and washed regularly to Schmicko’s recommendations of frequency (fortnightly/monthly) to prevent the accumulation of contamination.
1. Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or fails to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner.
2. Pre-existing damage to the painted surface.
3. Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion, or damage caused by a third party i.e Not Schmicko.
4. Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips.
5. Waterspots – Waterspots are caused by hard water (mineral deposits) which are left to dry on the paint and leave a stain.
6. Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading.
7. Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint over spray, waterspots or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
8. Area’s that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
9. Any loss of time or use of the vehicle while it undergoes inspections or treatments.
Ceramic Coating Maintenance Program –
1. (3 month/12-week maintenance washes) must be performed, within 2 weeks before after the last service to maintain the warranty.
2. Failure to undertake the recommended 12-week/3-month maintenance wash will void your warranty.
Conditions of Liability (Claims) –
1. Damage that may be covered under this warranty must be made aware to Schmicko within 30 days of the occurrence, failure to do so will result in a void warranty.
2. A Claim “Inspection Fee” of $75.00 is payable, this is refunded if the warranty claim is approved for repair by Schmicko.
3. Claim determination is at the sole discretion of Schmicko, either approving the repair / retreatment by or refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of $500 (2 Year Coating) or ($800 5 Year) and terminating the warranty, whichever is less.
4. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia, the involved parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that State.