Our Warranty is valid for the duration of 2 years since the application of your exterior ceramic coating or once it has surpassed 20,000km, whichever proceeds first. To be eligible you must complete our Warranty Form.
Contact us on 1300 218 312 or via email ([email protected]) to make a claim. Subject Header: Ceramic Claim & a representative will be in contact with you
Application form must be completed and submitted within 30 days of the installment for eligibility.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
Compliant Vehicles –
Your vehicle may be either New & Used, but has to be within 5 years of age from the manufacturing date and be complete with a Clear Coated Paint Finish.
Type of Cover –
Schmicko warrants the vehicles exterior painted surface coated with ceramic coating under the existing Terms & Conditions from environmentally-caused pollutants such as; road tar, tree sap, bird droppings, bug contamination. Should the latter proceed to damage, and providing that all of the terms and conditions have been compliant, Schmicko will rectify the damage based on the “Conditions of Liability”.
Period of Cover & Conditions–
Once the 2 years has expired or 20,000km has been driven (whichever comes first), the warranty will be terminated.
General Conditions –
1. Warranty cover is only valid if the customer has applied for Warranty Cover by completing the Warranty Application Form within 30 days of the application.
2. The vehicle must remain at all times registered for road use within Australia.
3. Only vehicles registered as Passenger Vehicles will be warranted. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered.
4. In the occurrence of repair or damage to the painted surface, such as from a car accident, the vehicle must be re-treated with a ceramic coating to the damaged area at the owner’s expense within 45 days of the occurrence.
5. Warranty is only available to the name of the vehicle owner at the time of the installment and cannot be transferred over.
6. Original Online Application Receipt must be kept for proof of application – in your confirmation email.
8. Should a product reapplication be required (eg. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee, to be calculated by Schmicko.
9. The vehicle exterior paintwork must be maintained and washed regularly to Schmicko’s recommendations by enrolling into one of the recurring wash plans. This ensures that proper washing techniques, products and standards are performed each time.
10. Application is best suited to an indoor setting, although can be performed in an outdoor setting eg. driveway upon request from the customer. The customer assumes all responsibility and risk dependent on the location settings. The option is available to opt for an alternative location for more favourable conditions, given that at least 24 hours notice has been provided.
1. Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or fails to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner ie, not washing their car regularly, allowing pollutants to bake on to the surface for extended periods.
2. Pre-existing damage to the painted surface.
3. Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion, or damage caused by a third party i.e Not Schmicko.
4. Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips, paint transfer.
5. Water spots – Water spots are caused by hard water (mineral deposits) which have been left to dry on the paint for extended periods (negligence) as com
6. Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading.
7. Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint over spray, water spots or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
8. Areas that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
9. Any loss of time or use of the vehicle while it undergoes inspections or treatments.
Conditions of Liability (Claims) –
1. Damage that may be covered under this warranty must be made aware to Schmicko within 30 days of the occurrence, failure to do so will result in a void warranty.
2. A Claim “Inspection Fee” of $99.00 is payable, this is refunded if the warranty claim is approved for repair by Schmicko if compliant with our conditions mentioned above..
3. Claim determination is at the sole discretion of Schmicko, approving the repair/retreatment by partially refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of $200 and terminating the warranty.
4. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia, the involved parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that State.