Our Warranty is valid for the duration of 2 years or 4 years, depending on the paint protection brand used at the time ie the Ti2 or Ti4 Formula was used (After July 27, 2020) or 2 years for installations made prior to that (different coating supplier at which the warranty was for 2 years or 20,000km, whichever comes first), since the application of your exterior ceramic coating, whichever proceeds first. A new supplier was adopted from November 2020 and currently adhere to the warranty duration as specified by the manufacturer’s warranty. To be eligible you must complete our Warranty Form.
Contact us by phone or via email (email@example.com) to make a claim. Subject Header: Ceramic Claim & a representative will be in contact with you
The application form must be completed and submitted within 14 days of the instalment for eligibility as we will need specific information such as odometer reading for accurate readings and tracking.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
Compliant Vehicles –
Your vehicle may be either New & Used, but has to be within 5 years of age from the manufacturing date and be complete with a Clear Coated Paint Finish.
Type of Cover –
Schmicko warrants the vehicles exterior painted surface coated with ceramic/graphene coating under the existing Terms & Conditions from environmentally-caused pollutants such as; road tar, tree sap, bird droppings, bug contamination. Should the latter proceed to damage, and providing that all of the terms and conditions have been compliant, Schmicko will rectify the damage based on the “Conditions of Liability”.
Period of Cover & Conditions–
As advised by the manufacturer’s warranty period.
General Conditions –
1. Warranty cover is only valid if the customer has applied for Warranty Cover by completing the Warranty Application Form within 30 days of the application.
2. The vehicle must remain at all times registered for road use within Australia.
3. Only vehicles registered as Passenger Vehicles will be warranted. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered.
4. In the occurrence of repair or damage to the painted surface, such as from a car accident, the vehicle must be re-treated with a ceramic coating to the damaged area at the owner’s expense within 45 days of the occurrence.
5. Warranty is only available to the name of the vehicle owner at the time of the instalment and cannot be transferred over to a new owner.
6. Original Online Application Receipt must be kept for proof of application – in the customer confirmation email.
8. Should a product reapplication be required (eg. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee of $120 + GST, which is refundable if the claim is approved by the inspector.
9. The vehicle exterior paintwork must be maintained and washed regularly to Schmicko’s recommendations ie washed fortnightly/monthly with the right equipment and supplies. This ensures that proper washing techniques, products and standards are performed each time without hindering the performance of the paint protection.
10. Warranty is eligible for vehicles that are either brand new with no mileage registered or vehicles with mileage, but have undergone paint correction prior to the application on the paint exterior.
1. Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or fails to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner ie, not washing the car regularly, allowing pollutants to bake onto the surface for extended periods, using harmful products that could affect the durability of the coating.
2. Pre-existing damage to the painted surface.
3. Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion, degradation or damage caused by a third party i.e Not Schmicko. Improper or irregular washing methods may cause termination of this warranty.
4. Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips, paint transfer or reduction in water repellence.
5. Water spots – Water spots are caused by hard water (mineral deposits) which have been left to dry on the paint for extended periods (negligence)
6. Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading.
7. Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint overspray, water spots or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
8. Areas that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
9. Any loss of time or use of the vehicle while it undergoes inspections or treatments.
Conditions of Liability (Claims) –
1. Damage that may be covered under this warranty must be made aware to Schmicko within 30 days of the occurrence, failure to do so will result in a void warranty.
2. A Claim “Inspection Fee” of $120.00+ GST is payable, this is refunded if the warranty claim is approved for repair by Schmicko if compliant with our conditions mentioned above. This will include an exterior wash and shampoo along with the inspection.
3. Claim determination is at the sole discretion of Schmicko, approving the repair/retreatment by partially refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of $200 and terminating the warranty.
4. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia, the involved parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that State.