Warranty: Paint Protection
Warranty Terms & Conditions
Compliant Vehicles –
Your vehicle may be either New & Used, but has to be within 5 years of age from the manufacturing date and be complete with a Clear Coated Paint Finish.
Type of Cover –
Schmicko warrants the vehicles exterior painted surface coated with ceramic coating under the existing Terms & Conditions whereby the paint protection is non-existent. Providing that all of the terms and conditions have been compliant, Schmicko will rectify the damage based on the “Conditions of Liability”.
Period of Cover & Conditions–
Vehicles under Duratek Paint Protection:
New & Used Vehicles are covered for the life of the Ceramic Coating (4 Years/50,000km) or Graphene Coating (62,500km or 5 Years). Once the years, as noted, has expired or mileage has been driven (whichever comes first), the warranty will be terminated.
General Conditions –
1. Warranty cover is only valid if the customer has applied for Warranty Cover by completing the Warranty Application Form within 30 days of the application.
2. The vehicle must remain at all times registered for road use within Australia.
3. Only vehicles registered as Passenger Vehicles will be warranted. Commercial vehicles of any kind will not be covered.
4. In the occurrence of repair or damage to the painted surface, such as from a car accident, the vehicle must be re-treated with a ceramic coating to the damaged area at the owner’s expense within 45 days of the occurrence.
5. Warranty is only available to the name of the vehicle owner at the time of the instalment and cannot be transferred over.
6. Original Online Application Receipt must be kept for proof of application – in your confirmation email.
7. Cars booked without the single stage paint correction shall be assumed to be in a satisfactory condition as deemed by the car owner, indicating that no further correction is necessary prior to the application of paint protection.
8. Should a product reapplication be required (eg. vehicle accident) you or your insurer are liable for a reapplication fee, to be calculated by Schmicko.
9. The vehicle exterior paintwork must be maintained and washed regularly on a fortnightly to monthly basis to Schmicko’s standards. This ensures that proper washing techniques, products and standards are performed each time.
1. Where the owner has deemed to have been careless, negligent or fails to maintain the exterior painted surface in the correct manner ie, not washing their car regularly and correctly under proper cleaning techniques/standards, allowing pollutants to bake on to the surface for extended periods.
2. Pre-existing damage to the painted surface.
3. Damage to the coated surface by incorrect manual wash techniques, automatic car washes, brushes or contaminated wash tools that may cause abrasion, or damage caused by a third party i.e Not Schmicko.
4. Swirl marks, marring, scratches, scuffs, scrapes, chips, paint transfer.
5. Water spots – Water spots are caused by hard water (mineral deposits) which have been left to dry on the paint for extended periods.
6. Failed Clear Coat – Peeling, Hazing and Fading.
7. Damage caused by collision, accidental damage, vandalism, malicious damage, fire, hail, flood, stones, collision, surface rust, rail dust, physical damage, paint over spray, water spots or vehicle manufacturer’ defects, or defects which may be covered under a manufacturers or dealerships protection plan.
8. Areas that have not been retreated after a paint repair.
9. Any loss of time or use of the vehicle while it undergoes inspections or treatments.
Conditions of Liability (Claims) –
1. Damage that may be covered under this warranty must be made aware to Schmicko within 30 days of the occurrence, failure to do so will result in a void warranty.
2. A Claim “Inspection Fee” of $100.00 is payable, this is refunded if the warranty claim is approved for repair by Schmicko.
3. Claim determination is at the sole discretion of Schmicko, approving the repair / retreatment by partially refunding the application cost to the vehicle owner at a maximum of $200 and terminating the warranty.
4. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of New South Wales, Australia, the involved parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of that State.
– New Application form (switched software provider)
-Applicable conditions due to the introduction of a new paint protection supplier – Duratek Labs.
– Terms and conditions may be subjected to change