Often left unnoticed is the condition of your roof lining and it’s quite typical of us to not realise as we are so focused on what’s in front of us as opposed to what’s above us. In our experience, we generally find kids fingerprints, diesel fingerprints, make up and food stains on the roof. And let us remind you that there is nothing more unappealing than the look of a saggy roof caving in your car. The saggy roof is often the case when the glue has been deteriorated to the point that it looks the adhesiveness. To avoid a saggy roof, special care and caution must be applied when cleaning the roof lining. Here is how you can clean your roof lining without further damage.
What You Will Need
- All Purpose Cleaner or Upholstery Shampoo (diluted with water)
- Fine Detailing Brush
- Clean Microfibre Towel
- Gentle Fingers
- Pressurised Steam Cleaner (optional)
Steps To A Clean Roof Lining
1) Spray dilute APC on to a Fine Detailing Brush
2) Gently agitate the stains on the roof by brushing in light circular motions. This may cause some foaming to appear at the site. Apply light pressure as to avoid from deteriorating the glue. Failing to do so may cause a saggy roof appearance.
3) Gently blot dry the stained area with a clean, dry microfibre towel. Soak up as much excess as possible.
4) If stains persists, you can repeat steps 1 – 3 again or alternatively use a steam cleaner to apply hot pressurised steam on to the stain instead of using All Purpose Cleaner or Upholstery Cleaner.
5) The key here is to take your time and to apply little pressure with each brushing motion.
There you have it! If you don’t want to risk damaging your roof lining or just don’t have the time to clean it yourself, you can always add ‘roof-lining’ as an extra to any Schmicko Mobile Car Wash Package.
July 2, 2019
Everything you need to know – from car care advice to amazing weekend escapes. We make the difficult things, simple.